From recent conversations with my clients, they are having more and more guests at rehearsal dinners. Are you looking for a space that can hold upwards of 100 guests, check out Carmine’s in the Chinatown/Capital One Arena area of Washington, DC. One of our client’s hosted their rehearsal dinner here. This would be a great option for corporate lunch or dinner or a milestone celebration. Vicky
Carmine’s Back Dining Room can seat up to 120 guests with its own bar. Photo: Carmine’s
Food & Drink: Family style southern Italian restaurant which started in New York. It boasts the largest dining spaces in Washington, DC.
Private Dining Options: Carmine’s has 9 options for private or semi-private dining, ranging from 2 boardrooms that seat 18 to the back dining room that seats 120 people with its own private bar. Their sample menus ranged from $38-$55++ but please contact for Kyle Carnegie, Director of Special Events and Catering for your updated, customized menu.
Transit & Parking: The restaurant provides valet parking for $11. The closest Metro rail stop is Gallery Place/Chinatown.
- Large number of Private and semi-private options and ability to host larger groups
- The menu rarely changes so it would be easy to plan the menu for your event far in advance.
- Guests staying at the Hotel Monaco in Chinatown can walk to Carmine’s.
- Centrally located, a good option if your reception is at Hotel Monaco, Ronald Reagan Building, Andrew Mellon Auditorium, Harman Center for the Arts, and many other hotels and venues in the downtown area .
- Your guests can wander around Chinatown area before or after dinner.
- Close to a variety of bars and other restaurants for a Welcome Party
- Evening rush hour can cause heavy traffic congestion.
- Traffic and crowds can also be an issue if there is a sporting or special event going on at Capital One Arena.
Carmine’s DaVinci Room can seat up to 72 guests and also has its own private bar. The sliding doors can open to join with the adjacent Toscanini Room for larger events.
Featuring a fireplace, the Toscanini Room can seat 52 people.