This past summer, I stayed at the Rocky Gap Lodge & Golf Resort in Cumberland, MD for a corporate employee retreat and it has some beautiful facilities for events with lots of activities available for guests. There are several ballrooms, a golf course, a spa and is next to Rocky Gap Park and Lake Habeeb.
One of the most interesting places that rent its facilities out for private events is Glen Echo Park. I have never visited this place but have read a lot about the famous, recently restored carousel and Spanish Ballroom. For private event, there are a few spaces you can rent. 1) Spanish Ballroom, 2) Bumper Car Pavilion (outdoor reception), 3) Cuddle Up (great for ceremony), and 4) lawn of the Crystal Pool (outdoor ceremony). This is a great venue for the off beat couple!
- Location: Just off MacArthur Blvd in DC; a park setting so close to the city
- Ample park
- Unique atmosphere
- Outdoor ceremony option at the lawn of the Crystal Pool (tenting possible)
- Spanish Ballroom: huge stage and dance floor
- Bumper Car Pavilion: large area, existing stage, xmas lights, outdoor feel with overhead cover, sound system
- Lots of great photo ops locations
- Not Metro accessible
- Limited to 4 approved caterers
- Spanish Ballroom: food & drinks are not allowed on the main ballroom park, although OK in lobby/foyer and surrounding promenades/hallways
- Bumper Car pavilion: open air facility with no air conditioning