It’s not secret that I’ve been on a search for modern or industrial spaces for wedding receptions in the DC area [see previous blog post here and here]. It’s tough to find a raw, industry, loft-like spaces for events here in DC. I think my wish finally came true!
I visited Long View Gallery a few weeks back. Party art gallery and party event space, this is a welcome addition in the Shaw/Convention Center area. It is the space DC has been waiting for, a great contrasting alternative to the plethora of historical buildings!
Suzi Molak, Special Events Director, walked me through the then-unfinished space but my mind was on over-drive dreaming of all the possibilities. She brings a wealth of special events experience. Here are some of the specs:
- 5,000 Square Feet of Divisible Historic Warehouse Space
- 400 Person Cocktail. The rear gallery can easily hold 200 people for a sit-down dinner with dance floor.
- 20 Foot Ceilings with LED/Track Lighting system
- Handicap Accessible
- Finished Concrete Floors
- Front and back 14′ and 11′ aluminum alloy glass doors
- Flooded with Natural Light
- Opens to historic Blagden Alley, which may be tented for outdoor use
- Wall Space for Projections (walls are white & will have artwork)
- Catering Staging Area
- Sound System
- Wireless Internet Access
- Metro Station: Mt. Vernon Square & Yellow and Green Lines
Images from Long View Gallery.
I cannot wait to work here!